Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Colleague Inspiration

Morning Check In
I continually find inspiration in other educators. During this action research, I found endless resources from teachers all over the country, the world even, who have been inspiring. Sometimes, this inspiration takes me into a HUGE question that could not be answered in just a short amount of time. In this case, I've found inspiration in Laura Botte's Morning Check In. She uses a Google Form each day. Her students take 5 to 10 minutes to answer a brief four questions: Name, How are you feeling today? Why are you feeling this way? and Would you like a teacher check in? Her Morning Check In feedback system has afforded her the ability to get to know her students infinitely better. This also allows her to check in with the students who need the extra help or attention. I would like to tailor my check in more towards academic, specifically humanities. 

Here are some possible questions for my humanities check in: 

Name: 
Describe one success in humanities this week. 
Describe something that challenged you or that you need help with. 
Would you like teacher support or a check in?

I would like to also use Google forms, probably once per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment